Navigating to the location
Travelling by plane:
- The airport of Perugia (Umbria) is situated 50 kilometers of Casa San Carlo however this trip still takes about 1.5 hours to the location and very often the flight arrives late in the evening of day we start. Please not that renting a car from this airport imperative since there is no public transportation and a transfer is very expensive.
- Rome Fiumincino is Rome’s biggest airport (Lazio region), on the southwest side of the capital. To get to Casa San Carlo from Rome Fiumicino you have to drive around Rome, so to speak, the distance is 178 kilometers. You simply follow the highway A1 in the northern direction (to Florence) and you follow our route description.
- Rome Ciampino is Rome’s (Lazio region) smaller airport, situated 165 kilometers from Casa San Carlo. Again: you simply follow the directions for the highway A1 and then keep driving noth, in the direction of Florence.
- Airport Amerigo Vespucci in Florence (Tuscany region) is situated 160 kilometers from Casa San Carlo. Follow the directions for the highway A1 in the direction of Rome, to get to Casa San Carlo.
- Pisa (Tuscany region) is the furthest from Casa San Carlo, 240 kilometers but still a very good choice.
How to get to the location from the A1
Casa San Carlo is situated 1 km outside the village of Monteleone d’Orvieto. The village and the house can easily be reached from the north and from the south via the A1 autostrada.
- Follow the ‘Autostrada del Sole’ A1. If you come from the north you will drive in the direction of Rome, if you come from the south you will drive in the direction of Florence.
- Take the exit FABRO. When you’re driving through the toll gate, turn left towards SAN CASCIANO DEI BAGNI, ORVIETO and FABRO SCALO (SS71).
- After ca. 1 kilometer you go left again, in the direction of SAN CASCIANO DEI BAGNI, CITTA DELLA PIEVE, CHIUSI en PONTICELLI.
- After 2,3 kilometer you will see traffic lights, and a sign for SANTA MARIA on your right hand side. Turn right here. This means taking the little steap bridge onto a smaller road.
- Drive straight on – this means you go under the viaduct, go straight on, untill the crossing. Here you go left, in the direction of MONTELEONE.
- Do NOT go right in the direction of MONTELEONE, just ignore this sign and drive straight on, after which the road is unpaved.
- After 1.4 kilometers of this unpaved road, you will come to a crossing with a road going uphill on your right. There is also a sign CASA SAN CARLO, standing at that crossing. Here you turn right to our road, called VOCABOLO PERUMPETTO.
- Keep on this road, just keep ‘climbing uphill’ and after 1.6 kilometers you will see Casa San Carlo on your right hand side, with the village of Monteleone d’Orvieto behind it.
- After again 800 meters you turn to right at our second sign, and will arrive at CASA SAN CARLO.
Please be aware that there are also very good opportunities to take the train from the Netherlands to the train station Fabro where we can pick you up!